[Call for Participation] MRS Educational Collection

Dear MRS community,

The Code and Data Sharing Committee of the MRS study group is working to curate an educational library of MRS-related resources. While some material is available on the ISMRM website, our goal is to develop a fully open-source resource freely available to the larger community, with a focus on MRS newcomers.

Many of you have created these materials for lectures, seminars, conferences and workshops, and we are now kindly asking for any materials you are willing to share in any format. All credit will be given to the creator and original author(s). I will be working to streamline these into a single resource targeted to those who are new to MRS (trainees, physicians, etc).

We are also looking for volunteers (particularly students, postdocs, trainee researchers) to help us organize, curate, and distill the material that we receive. Of course, you will receive full credit for your contribution. Don’t miss this great opportunity to meet new people in the field and to create a lasting community resource!

Thank you for your help in this project.

Best,

Candace Fleischer
ccfleis@emory.edu

4 Likes

I’m volunteers to help you organize the documents etc. I can also create some Youtube videos on how to use open-source MRS/MRSI software or scripts which I’ve experienced.

1 Like

thanks Sevim! @cfleischer

1 Like

Thanks, Sevim. I have your name on the list and will be in touch.

1 Like

more than happy to help

best
cristina

1 Like

Hi Cristina,
Apologies for missing your earlier message. I will forward our recent meeting notes to you - would be happy to have you on board!
Thanks,
Candace

I’d be happy to help as well. I was thinking to document how to convert and organize longitudinal SVS into BIDS for my lab but can help with other stuff as well.
Thanks,
Sam

1 Like

Hi @SamGuay, that sounds super exciting - would you mind sharing a bit on that already? I’m sure you’re aware of the ongoing efforts to create a BIDS extension for MRS data, curious to hear what you have done!

Georg

Hi @admin!

I’m sure you’re aware of the ongoing efforts to create a BIDS extension for MRS data,

Oh yes! I’ve been closely following the BEP progress since its inception! I didn’t comment on it, given I’m relatively new to MRS, and I don’t know all the nuances, but I can tell reading all the comments has helped!

would you mind sharing a bit on that already?

In short, I am currently working/experimenting on expanding dcm2bids to allow the use of spec2nii instead of dcm2niix to convert my twix files in the newly NIFTI mrs format before organizing them into BIDS. For now, I have just tested it with a sample of my data acquired on Siemens, but I think it should work with other vendors(?). I have 2 voxels (M1 and PCC) per session.

I don’t know if a spec2bids package would be more appropriate given that the name dcm2bids may be misleading as spec2nii can use more than just dicoms as input. But I kind of like the thought of using only one piece of software to convert all my modalities.

As of now, my workflow isn’t the prettiest (i.e., all over the place) as I was busy scanning and monitoring my participants weekly (> 175 scans) during the Fall. I plan on improving it and putting it in production after the Holidays, at least for backup purposes.

Does that answer your question?

(ps: feel free to move the convo to a new topic to prevent spamming this thread)

1 Like

That sounds fantastic, Sam! Thanks for explaining and working on this. I’m looking forward to seeing your effort in action once you feel ready to put out a ‘production’ version. I’d also encourage you to comment/contribute to the BEP draft - every hand on deck is needed, particularly from junior folks such as yourself :slight_smile:

Wish you a great holiday season,
Georg

1 Like

Hi @SamGuay. We’d be happy to have you on board if you’re interested in our educational effort. Please email me at ccfleis@emory.edu and I will add you to our list and our next meeting tentatively planned for the end of January '22.

Thanks!
Candace

2 Likes