Gannet was unable to process the data acquired by the GE scanner due to a code error

Dear experts, When I use Gannet to process the data scanned by the GE scanner, there are errors in the code that make it impossible to proceed.

FIRST error:
********** An error occured while loading dataset: ‘P32.7’. Check data. Skipping to next dataset in batch **********
In GannetLoad (line 920)

SECOND error:
The character ‘\T’ is invalid. See ‘doc sprintf’ for the special characters supported.
In GannetLoad (line 921)

AND ********** ERROR REPORT **********

Filename: P35.7
(Why does the.7 format go wrong? The software should be able to handle it, right?)

The last one:
No function or variable ‘rdb_hdr_dab_stop_rcv’ is defined.
Error GannetFit (line 36)
freq = MRS_struct.spec.freq;

I do not know why such a mistake occurs. If you have encountered it and solved it smoothly, can you help me to modify the code or correct my mistake? Thank you.

Hi @chenton,

A P-file name of ‘P32.7’ is not usual; it should be something like P32XXX.7. Could you make sure the data was saved correctly on your scanner or that they were exported to your workstation correctly?

Mark

Hi,Mark
I’m sure my file name in Matlab is P32xxx.7, which is the same as you said. I used this file name for simple description here, but it still won’t work even if it is. Have you encountered other system-reported errors that I encountered? If copyright or conditions permit, can you share the commands you entered while processing the data? Thank you for your help!
chenton

Hi @chenton,

Ah, I see. Could you then let me know: what acquisition these data were acquired by (is it MEGA-PRESS or something else?), what version of Gannet you are using, which operating system you are using, and which version of MATLAB?

If you can, are you able to share your data? My email is mam4041@med.cornell.edu

Mark

Hi, Mark
I used the MEGA-PRESS with a GE scanner, Gannet version 3.1.5, Windows10 and MATLABR2017a. What puzzled me was that my colleague used the same version of Gannet, but he was able to get the results successfully. So I think maybe there’s something wrong with the code I typed in?
I’m not sure what data is privacy related, so I need to ask my superiors to identify data that avoid personal privacy.
Does the above information help you solve this problem? Is there any information missing?
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to reply and let me see the hope.
chenton

Please first try using the latest version of Gannet.

Loading of GE data should follow these instructions.

Hi, Mark
This is the first time I get an error when I type a command. I modified the first error from 26.002 to 28.002, but I could not modify the later errors. The attached figure is the error reported by the system. Thank you!

chenton

Ah, okay. Please update to the current version: GitHub - markmikkelsen/Gannet: Gannet is a free, open-source MATLAB-based software toolkit for analyzing edited 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) data.

Hi, Mark
Thank you very much for your help. I downloaded Gannet 3.3.1 from the link you posted this morning and processed the results smoothly. However, errors began to be reported like the attached figure in the evening.
5b9eaa3b4a61e8a267943d473986c2a
I decided to try again tomorrow morning. If it went well, I could perform the GannetCoRegister. I would like to ask another question, where can I find the code of GE data GannetCoRegister? Thank you again for your help!
chenton

Which version of MATLAB are you using?

To run GannetCoRegister, please follow these instructions.

The version I’m using is MATLAB R2017a, This morning, the data was processed smoothly, but It reported such an error when I used it again in the evening. It reported that there was an error downloading the URL, that my network connection might be broken or that the proxy Settings were misconfigured. I don’t know why, so I’ll try again tomorrow morning.

Yes, if you have issues with your internet connection or are behind a proxy network/VPN, you might have issues with the VersionCheck function. Let me know if you have better luck tomorrow morning.

Hi, Mark
A very interesting thing is that when I can open the Github website, my Gannet can also be used. When I can’t open Github, my Gannet will lose its function. I think it’s the network and VPN that’s causing the problem. I am new to MRS, so I am not familiar with these operations. Thank you very much for your help!
chenton

Hi, Mark
When I used Gannet version 3.3.1 today, the system reported another error. This display is unable to determine the IP address of the “raw.githubusercontent.com”. How can I fix this? Thank you.

CHEN TON

See response here