Getting subjs IDs automatically

Hi all,

Is it possible to get the subjs ID automatically from the datasets’ names instead of the general IDs sub_1, sub_2, sub_3 in a table? I only see the TSV file with group and these general dataset names.

Thanks,
Andreia

I assume you mean an Osprey output table - which one exactly? I’m not sure which one you’re referring to.

It’s generally really impossible to predict what filename nomenclature or folder organization people use (unless its BIDS), so I don’t think there will be a feature to look for these types of strings - but if you have a great idea how you’d want that to look like, let us know.

Hi Georg,

Yes, I was talking about the subject_names_and_excluded TSV file from Osprey output where I the datasets names are general.

What I had in mind was something similar to Gannet’s csv file output, there’s a column with the file name.

Thanks,
Andreia

One reason we’re not doing that is that we want to keep the output tables BIDS-compliant, i.e., free of sensitive data (protected health information, PHI). Filenames can contain PHI - I’ve seen people use full subject names and diagnoses in filenames.

If you want the filenames, they are contained in the MRSCont container in the files cell array, which by default has the same number of elements as the output tables have rows.

Hi Georg,

That makes total sense.

Thanks, the files cell array is very helpful! Will use that.

BW,
Andreia