Import of data from GE scanners into Osprey

Hi @alex,

Yes, I noticed in the plot above that one FID (in red) didn’t seem to be affected at all and had a perfectly flat baseline! Very interesting.

Thanks @noeskera for your response, too.

Cheers,
Georg

With this bug, it is poor luck that you get reasonable data (even at some locations in the pfile). Size of the pfile is as all coil elements were used but in the header the reduced number of coil elements is stored. But that doesn’t mean that the reduced number of frames are stored correctly at wrong locations, they can sometimes be reasonable, sometimes just constant values or “noise” at “arbitrary” locations.
I can guarantee that this wasn’t by design (@alex) but just a “surprising” bug that we fixed in the meantime but could do that just for the new upcoming releases.

1 Like

Got it – thanks :slight_smile: I’ve removed my unreliable workaround.

1 Like

Thank you for your help Ralph. Using manual coil selection to select all the elements of the coil elements works and gives good quality spectra with the MEGA Press sequence, at any rate with the MRS phantom. We will have to do a couple of test scans with a healthy volunteer before we start collecting data for the planned research study.

Best regards,
Jon Hauksson, Umeå

1 Like

Sorry, very late to the party. @admin did you or @Helge ever integrate the new scan archive format?

Nope. GE seems to be pretty cagey about sharing code that would help us figure out how to parse scan archive data. They have a tool that converts scan archives back to P-files, but they only share it with GE sites. Caused us some headaches for HBCD. @noeskera might be able to speak in greater detail to this.