Osprey - differences using version 2.4.0 and 2.5.0

Hello all,

I have a short question/ note regarding the difference between the Osprey version 2.4.0 and 2.5.0.
I am working on my Macbook Air M1, Sonoma with MATLAB 2023a and Osprey version 2.4.0.
As I now wanted to set up Osprey on a new Laptop (windows) in our Lab for further students, I downloaded MATLAB 2024a and Osprey 2.5.0. To test if the installation runs correctly I first used the test data set from Osprey itself, where I could reproduce the results. Then I wanted to test it with our own data - I created one test_data set, containing data of 5 subjects, jobfile and .BASIS file. There, I just adapted the path in the jobfile and run the analysis on both Laptops - and got different results.

The metabolite concentrations are still in the same range, but what I wonder about is that in the older version there are the Macromolecules included in the OspreyFit Figures and in the newer one not. Now I am asking myself if this is just due to an update or due to a installtion mistake.

Here you can find the data from both analysis: Osprey - Google Drive.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best, Verena

Hi @VerenaD,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have noted, the MMs and lipids are not correctly added for the analysis in 2.5.0, which leads to the differences in the estimated concentrations.

The issue is related to the entries in the opts.fit.includeMetabs list, which only contains metabolites in both jobfiles. In version 2.4.0, Osprey automatically added the MMs/Lipids regardless of the list entries (that was a bug), which is fixed in version 2.5.0. Therefore, no MMs/Lipids are added to the analysis in version 2.5.0. You can either add those to the list in the jobfile {‘MM09’,‘MM12’,‘MM14’,‘MM17’,‘MM20’,‘Lip09’,‘Lip13’,‘Lip20’} or set it to {‘default’} to hopefully fix this.

Cheers,
Helge

Hi Helge,

thank you for this quick and helpful answer.

Best,
Verena

Hi @VerenaD,

So did this solve the issue?

Best,
Helge