Osprey parameter setting

I’m interested in understanding the parameter settings in Osprey, and despite checking both the article and GitHub repository for Osprey, I couldn’t find detailed information on how to choose suitable parameters. Specifically, I’m looking for guidance on parameter selection in the ‘jobTwix_MEGA.m’ file. If anyone has insights or knows of any additional sources that provide this information, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you!

Hi @Jiazhen_Wang,

Thanks for reaching out.

A good starting point for the analysis of GABA-edited MRS is the jobSDAT_MEGA.m file (osprey/exampledata/sdat/MEGA/jobSDAT_MEGA.m at develop · schorschinho/osprey · GitHub). This one uses the default settings to analyze two example datasets.

One parameter set you might want to change is the parametrization of the co-edited MM at 3 ppm (opts.fit.coMM in the jobfile). Depending on your data quality, the 3to2MM option might work best. If you want to learn more about the different settings you can find detailed descriptions here (https://analyticalsciencejournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/nbm.4618).

Best,
Helge

Hi Helge,
Thank you for your reply!
The reason I am interested in understanding the parameter settings is because I intend to make adjustments for my data. However, due to a lack of clarity, I find it challenging to determine which settings would be most suitable. My goal is to comprehend the underlying principles behind these parameters to make informed decisions.
I have already read the paper you recommended, and it has provided valuable insights. Yet, I am uncertain whether I am delving into a potentially insignificant issue. Due to the processing of the collected data not meeting expectations, indicating a suboptimal quality of the data, consequently, prompting me to explore various parameter configurations in the hope of getting more accurate results.

Nevertheless, thank you for your response!