Postdoc in MRSI methods at Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto

Dear fellow MRS enthusiasts,

I’m looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join my lab at the Sunnybrook Research Institute in Toronto Canada. The position will involve developing state-of-the-art magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging (MRSI) acquisitions (pulse sequences) and MRSI data processing and reconstruction techniques. Accordingly, I’m looking for an accomplished (or budding) computer programmer with expertise in either MR physics and/or signal processing.

This position is partly funded by the Canadian Pediatric Imaging Platform (C-PIP), a Canadian multi-centre platform for pediatric brain imaging research. C-PIP has imaging sites in three of Canada’s biggest cities: Toronto, Montreal and Calgary, and is investing in MRSI as a key modality for its imaging platform. The successful candidate will play a key role in the implementation of MRSI methods at all of the C-PIP sites. To this end, the postdoctoral fellow will be co-supervised by myself along with @ashley.harris2 (University of Calgary) and @GregoryLodygensky (University of Montreal), and will have the opportunity to travel regularly between Toronto, Montreal and Calgary. Ultimately, the methods developed by the successful candidate will be put to use in large-scale multi-centre pediatric imaging studies organised by C-PIP.

For more details on the position and how to apply, see the attached flyer. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Best wishes,
Jamie Near
jamie.near@utoronto.ca
MRSI_postdoc_2023.pdf (631.2 KB)

3 Likes