Trouble with TWIX header

Dear Osprey developers,

I have been working with some TWIX data that you have previously helped me to run in Osprey by tweaking a couple of lines in the code - It was working beautifully but now I’ve come across another snag (sorry).

The data has been sent away to be anonymised and linked with its official study ID and now that I have it back, Osprey doesn’t like it. When I attempt to load the data, either using the GUI or OspreyLoad in the command line, I get the following error:

Timestamp August 01, 2022 10:20:31 Osprey 2.3.0  OspreyLoad
Loading raw data from dataset   1 out of   1 total datasets...
Software version: VD (!?)
Index exceeds the number of array elements (0).

Error in read_twix_hdr (line 15)
        bufname = bufname{1};

Error in mapVBVD (line 378)
        [twix_obj{s}.hdr, rstraj] = read_twix_hdr(fid);

Error in io_loadspec_twix (line 34)
twix_obj=mapVBVD(filename);

Error in osp_LoadTwix (line 66)
            raw                         = io_loadspec_twix(MRSCont.files{metab_ll,kk});

Error in OspreyLoad (line 181)
                [MRSCont] = osp_LoadTwix(MRSCont);

Error in osp_onLoad (line 34)
    MRSCont = OspreyLoad(MRSCont);

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.

I have updated my repository to the most recent Osprey version and have tried many different participants and everything I can think of to get it working. The old version of the data still run so it’s not like there has been an upgrade that’s causing the issue or anything like that.

If you could please take a look at the data, I would be forever grateful - I feel terrible as you’ve already tweaked the code for me during piloting and it should have been fine. I’ve added the data and job file to the folder I’ve shared with @Helge previously. The folder with the troublesome data is labelled “TWIXheader_issue” and the folder with data that is working fine (acquired with same parameters) is labelled “working”.

Thanks so much,
Carolyn

P.S. To Confuse matters more, I have just tried running the same analysis using a different participant and have received a different error message:

Timestamp August 01, 2022 11:34:40 Osprey 2.2.0  OspreyLoad
Loading raw data from dataset   1 out of   1 total datasets...
Software version: VD (!?)
Reader version: 1496740353 (UTC: 06-Jun-2017 09:12:33)
Scan 1/1, read all mdhs:
    65.8 MB read in    0 s

ans =

single RAID file detected.
Index exceeds the number of array elements (0).

Error in twix_map_obj/readData (line 627)
                raw( 1:prod(readShape) ) = blockInit(1);

Error in twix_map_obj/subsref (line 510)
        varargout{1} = this.readData(mem,ixToTarg,ixToRaw,selRange,selRangeSz,outSize);

Error in io_loadspec_twix (line 44)
dOut.data=twix_obj.image();

Error in osp_LoadTwix (line 66)
            raw                         = io_loadspec_twix(MRSCont.files{metab_ll,kk});

Error in OspreyLoad (line 181)
                [MRSCont] = osp_LoadTwix(MRSCont);

I will put this participant’s data and jobfile in the same place but will call the folder “blockInit_error”.

Thanks again

Update: this has now been resolved by re-anonymising the dataset. There were some changes to the TWIX header that were causing problems. These are now fixed but a good lesson in anonymising.

1 Like