Unrecognized function or variable 'spm_check_version'

Hello,

I’ve downloaded the latest Osprey release today and I’m getting the following error when trying to launch it:

Unrecognized function or variable ‘spm_check_version’.

Error in osp_platform>init_platform (line 152)
if ~strcmpi(spm_check_version,‘octave’)

Error in osp_platform (line 63)
if isempty(PLATFORM), PLATFORM = init_platform; end

Error in Osprey (line 37)
font=osp_platform(‘fonts’);

I’m using Matlab 2021b and the spm12 main folder is on my matlab path.

Could you please advise?

Thank you,
Andreia

Hi Andreia,

Try adding SPM to your current path (addpath('/users/andreia/matlab/spm12'), adjust to what you need) before launching. Have you used previous releases and/or Matlab versions without this problem?

Thanks,
Georg

Hi Georg,

Thanks for your reply.

SPM was already on my matlab path. Still, removed it and I’ve moved the smp12 folder to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2021b\toolbox\smp12 and added it to matlab path again (only the main folder). An osprey window popped up asking to select the SPM-folder path. I did that and then got the same error on matlab.

I’ve used previous releases on my laptop, not sure about which matlab version I used there but now I’m trying to run it on a different machine for the first time.

Andreia

That is just so very odd. Can you confirm that you have a file called spm_check_version in your spm12 folder?

Just figured what happened… The spm12 folder was inside a folder also named smp12, which happened while unzipping the original folder.

Everything’s working fine, thanks!

Andreia

1 Like