What needs to be done to make MRS(I) a clinically useful tool?

Hi all,

I thought I’d start a conversation thread here to continue the lively discussion during the MRS Study Group Business Meeting.

There was a great deal of input and useful suggestions what we - the MRS community - have to do to make MRS/MRSI a tool that technologists, radiologists and clinicians will want to use (and actually ask for!). We should identify immediately useful (“killer”) applications, keep working towards methodological standardization, quality control, and validation of our results, as well as create/improve the flow of our data reconstruction, analysis and quantification routines back to the clinical personnel.

Please contribute below - I think this would be a great way to keep the conversation going, and to converge and collaborate on some issues.

Best wishes,
Georg

1 Like

Hi Georg, Hi all,

At the MRS workshop in Lausanne we will have a panel discussion on this topic.
Wed 24th of August - 11:25-12:05 Accelerated MRSI: quality control and validation of fast methods – Panel discussion

• Wolfgang Bogner, High Field MR Center, Department of Biomedical Imaging and Image-guided Therapy, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
  • Cristina Cudalbu, CIBM MRI EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
  • Jannie Wijnen, High Field MR Research, Centre for Image Sciences, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands

Any ideas, questions or points to discuss ?

@WolfgangBogner, @Jannie

best
Cristina